Only 1% of employees get promotions
Only 1% get into best business/Engg schools
Only 1% get the best jobs
Only 1% become CEOs
Only 1% become millionaires
So what do these 1% do what others don’t?
Probably we will say:
- They are luckier
- They got a good headstart in life, born rich
- They are born with a high IQ
- Other people helped them
But the real answer is:
- They were working hard when others were sleeping, I was lazy
- They worked hard on their EQ & developed it, I had a low EQ
- They failed more than others, took more risks, I was fearful
- They attracted amazing things through their positivity, I struggled here.
- They worked harder on themselves to improve 1% every day, I was slow here
- They never procrastinated, moved from thinking to doing, this is where I struggled too
- They were clear about what they wanted to do & why I lost time here
- They helped people around them, gave freely, so more people helped, I was selfish
- They were highly networked
- They followed DOTS (Do One Thing Surely), fear & greed stopped me
The interesting thing is all of these can be learnt. You dont need to be born with them.
What is stopping you from being in the 1% club?
P.S: Folks in the 1% club never give excuses